Monday, September 17, 2012

More like an oasis every day...

My goodness, how time flies!

Much has changed on my balcony since my last post (back in April!!) - I am so sorry to have been gone so long, and that I have missed out on updating you all on what's been happening in my little oasis.

Truth be told - for a while it wasn't feeling much like an oasis - remember those aphids?? Well they've been right little pains that's for sure! But these days, whilst there are still aphids around, I am in better control, and my little oasis is really thriving!

At the moment, my balcony is quite awash with flowers, and it's just marvellous! I have had tulip and now freesia bulbs sprouting and flowering.....





I have lots more happy faces... including a stunning pair in a lovely turquoise pot as a centrepiece...


I was inspired to plant sweet peas to tumble out of a hanging pot, and having planted the seed a couple of months ago, you can see how healthy the sweet peas now are, and flower heads are already apprearing - what an amazing flowering mass they will be...


(sweet peas in the lower hanging basket)

The above photo also shows one of the edible components of my garden, the 'herb wall'- there's chocolate mint, coriander and basil on the top shelf, flat and curly leaf parsley and thyme on the middle shelf, and more mint below that. There are chives keeping company with the sweet peas, and look! My daisy is finally flush with flowers!

Below see my blushing strawberry plant - such delicate and beautiful pink flowers that are going to give me yummy berries to eat!


Finally, as far as photos go, the old lady of my garden.... my Jasmine... in full bloom and amazingly fragrant!


What a lovely little oasis it is now... and I'll have more to share very soon... my dianthus is finally about to flower, I have yellow button squash seeds sprouting, plus more flowers, I have healthy beets, spinach and radish plants ... and more herbs establishing themselves including common mint and rosemary.

Can't wait to share more with you soon!

Happy Potting! K. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment